Wednesday 2 May 2012

DaDBeeP Meeting 2 May 2012

What a brilliant turnout! Thanks very much to everyone that made it such an interesting evening. I hope that the informal approach didn't alienate any new comers as the last thing we want, I feel, is anything too organised or dogmatic. Hopefully as we get to know each other better we can maybe introduce guest speakers or meet at other venues for specific events or workshops. If you have something to share or suggestions for topics/venues please shout out. 

As suggested I have added a "Bees Wanted" page. Hopefully this will become a useful resource for DaDBeep folk wanting to acquire bees via swarms or splits (artificial swarms). It would be useful if people could indicate type/size of hive, location, experience etc. in order that you can get the best positive result and assistance. If you acquire bees make sure to remove your name to give others a chance. Until I've worked out how to keep things "a bit more private" please don't broadcast your e-mail address or mobile numbers. I'm sure there must be a secure way to do this using a Private Message but I haven't found it yet; I will advise as soon as it's resolved.

Tim pointed out that I should, as I did at the meeting in Elvaston, have got people to write their e-mail addresses down so that I could add them to the DaDBeeP mailing list. If you want to be added to the list please mail me at: boyd_brooks(at)hotmail(dot)com  Using your e-mail address I can also give you posting rights to the blog - just let me know (it's not mandatory!). 

The confirmed date for the next meeting (to avoid half term) is:

Wednesday 13 June
The Shakespeare Inn,
Shardlow
DE72 2GP
19:00 - 21:00

Thanks again.
Regards
Boyd

1 comment:

  1. Good night, really enjoyed it, nice to see so many people of a like mind.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete